It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:53 am Advanced search

Peace offer Demands and offers feature?

Share your ideas and improvements

Peace offer Demands and offers feature?

Postby Quik » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:15 pm

would be pretty cool if you could make an "peace offer", in which you state your DEMANDS or OFFERS for the peace treaty

So lets say i start a war, and after a while I feel like iam winning, right?
Would be kind of cool if, for a peace treaty I could demand a city or resources, maybe even soldiers for the peace treaty

And the other way around, i feel like iam loosing thus i can offer a city etc.
Quik

Re: Peace offer Demands and offers feature?

Postby Jorolo » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:38 pm

Great suggestion really, I've thought of doing this before, but if it could be aranged by the game, that would be awesome. "I'll grant you peace for 20% of your res income" etc.

+1 to the suggestion
Jorolo

Postby poirazisd » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:56 pm

Like, either of you, would ever accept such a proposal...

Come on guys, this would just give another motive (like there aren't enough) to attack small players and to avoid big ones...

To counteract such a proposal i 'll suggest increased commerce income for players that are not in war with anyone...
poirazisd

Postby Cory » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:18 pm

I liked the idea until Poirazisd changed my mind.

+1 to his suggestion.
Last edited by Cory on Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)
Cory

Postby Jorolo » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:47 pm

I've never declined a ceasefire FYI poiza :P
Jorolo

Postby poirazisd » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:23 am

With an offering of 20% of your resources...???

Accepting a ceasefire is one thing and paying tribute is a whole different subject....
poirazisd

Postby criticalfail » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:33 pm

Only way it would work would be to hardcode it. IF you accept a peacetreaty for set amount of time you can't break it. Otherwise it would just be abused and the function would be completely pointless.

So if I accept peace for 5-10-20-30-days for 2% of all resource income of Player A. I would actually have to maintain peace in order to receive the set amount of resources.

If I accept peace for 2000/2000/2000 amount of certain type of resources I would get the resources WHEN peace have lasted for set amount of days. IF i attack the player during our time of peace I would not receive the resources.

That way a demands actually make sense.

So the payment would basically work just the same way it works when you do auctions on Ebay with a middleman ;) the middleman holds on to the payment until the promised item has been delivered. In this case the promised item is PEACE for a set amount of time.

In the same way a BOUNTY system could be implemented. For example I could post a bounty on a certain player with specfic requirements. For example.

IF you kill X amount of player Y's troops I will reward you with Z amount of resources.
criticalfail

Return to Game Suggestions