It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:25 am Advanced search

I am quitting - MY SUGGESTIONS

Share your ideas and improvements

I am quitting - MY SUGGESTIONS

Postby Itzu » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:35 am

RENATIONS is a really good game, it is competitive at it's core, and is kinda fun. However, it seems "75%" finished, and is lacking in some area's.

First) Marketing. Obviously being a start up game we can all understand you don't have an endless supply of money. But there are extremely few people playing this game, even for a beta. Usually for other browser games the number is much higher.
If the developers can't market the game, then the players should be. It just makes sense that if you like the game, tell your friends that are interested in this type of game. I felt like the top 10-20 were the only active people actually playing the game.

Second) As I said, a lot of core game mechanic's have problems. For one thing, transferring resources. There should be NO transferring needed until after 3k pop or so, or at LEAST during the first 3 days. It just makes sense and prevents cheaters from using methods to increase their growth.
a) Market is also a NO-NO, and should not be allowed until further into the game for when players legitimately should have it.
b) Multi-accounts/Alts. Now before you say "Oh you hypocrite", let me say this. I had my friends from my dorm log in and transfer resources to me. That is considered multiple accounts, but it does not mean it has to be the same person. Someone reported me for it, and I was punished accordingly. Detection of multi's/alts need to be enforced.
c) Transferring cities is also a problem.
d) inactives/dead accounts are a huge problem. I think they should be removed completely from the map, and only re-appear when someone RE-ACTIVATES their account.
e) raiding is pretty stupid and has been since the beginning of the game. You get too little resources from it. I believe their should be NPC's (Non-Player-Controlled) for farming, like instances except visible on the map. They don't need a stupid plot to use them, just let us attack it and kill the defending troops for some resources!!
f) Building levels are very imbalanced. Cache should be nerfed, embassy pop should be nerfed, and shield wall nerfed as well.
g) There need's to be a hero transfer/switch between cities option! I recommend being able to "switch heroes" between cities. So you choose 1 to go the other city and one comes from the other city to replace the empty slot.
h) The GUI need's to be revamped. More user friendly configurations for reports, etc. Also more host control for alliances. GUI can be changed in many, many different area's as well.
i) Different Combat System. Speaks for itself. There need's to be mathematical equations behind it, not just power vs power. Heroes need to be play a larger role.
j) A bigger map? lol.
k) Much faster growth. Without imbalancing it, it just need's to be faster! In the begin sometimes I wait 3-4 hours before I can even build a building!! Building time is just fine though.
l) A wiki to explain everything about the game. If you can't make one then ask the community and active players to share their advice and general knowledge of the game.
n) maybe a little animation? I'm sure you can find some way to do this?

What I'd like to see: A summary

- A wiki, wiki, wiki, wiki, wiki.
- Better multi/alt detection
- More user friendly info, like a tutorial maybe.
- Some icons are similar for scouting/training scouts, etc, should change them
- More people playing the game!
- NPC's for farming
- No Market/Transfer ability for first week or so.
- MORE BALANCE, the races and buildings are very imbalanced
- Hero transfer between cities
- GUI REVAMPS
- Different combat system. (heroes play larger role)
- bigger map
- maybe a little animation???
- change stats
Last edited by Itzu on Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Itzu

Re: I am quitting - MY SUGGESTIONS

Postby Itzu » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:52 am

Also, I'm sure there are many more ways to improve the game, these are just some of the highlights.
Itzu

Postby TF1 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:02 am

b) Multi-accounts/Alts. Now before you say "Oh you hypocrite", let me say this. I used like 2-3 multi's at the start of the RAGE server to transfer maybe a total of 400 or so resources to my account. Someone reported me for it, and I was punished accordingly. Let me also make clear, that I only did it because I saw a ton of other people doing it. Detection of multi's/alts need to be enforced, and if you have "FRIENDS" then there should be NO interaction with them except for chat.

sooooooo people cheat and so do u... kinda sad.... goodbye then
TF1

Postby Jorolo » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:12 am

- A wiki, wiki, wiki, wiki, wiki.
This is currently being asked of from the devs. I was about to start something but i don't have any earlier experience out of making a structured wiki and as well i takes up a lot of time considering the small population of active player that would contribute towards it.
- Better multi/alt detection
I do agree on this one, but for the time being with suchs a small community I don't feel this should be what devs put there time into.
- More user friendly info, like a tutorial maybe.
Did you find the learning of this game hard? I didn't really, but sure they could make some information easier available, like the racial bonuses. For the time being the only way to find those out is by reading the forum and new players doesn't do that especially pre-picking a race.
- Some icons are similar for scouting/training scouts, etc, should change them
- More people playing the game!
Main problem! I've tried inviting as many of my friends as i could, but really i don't have a lot of friends playing games and even less that play browser games. Havn't even gotten the full +50GC from invites. Invited three players, two just joined to grant me the +GC, but one of those actually play the game, the one i didn't think would continue.
- NPC's for farming
I do believe that this is currently in development in form of "Sky Pirates" don't know exactly what they'll do but i do believe they will counter the Raidfarming somehow by maybe keeping inactive players constantly low on res and being attackable, hence you'll always loose some troops raiding.
- No Market/Transfer ability for first week or so.
Great Idea, you could easily just but market / transfer on research and make so that it'll only be obtainable after researching X hours at minimum
- MORE BALANCE, the races and buildings are very imbalanced
Got any exact buildings / bonuses which are imbalanced? Think it would greatly help, different races does however grant quite balanced attributes depending on which approach you got towards the game. I had troubles choosing between The Order, Time Travlerers and Children of Prophecy which all had what i thought of fair bonuses, the only race i feel that lack behind at the moment is Mymidons.
- Hero transfer between cities
I have suggested this as well, think it'll be implemented, only condition in order to don't use this as an advantage is to limit hero transfer to your herobuilding level, so that you can't just boost one to lvl 5 and keep rest at lvl 3.
- GUI REVAMPS
- Different combat system. (heroes play larger role)
- bigger map
- maybe a little animation???
- change stats

Really appreciate this post, think it's good feedback that you pinpoint everything which you feel have to change in order to make this game playable and hopefully I'll see you around at later rounds when changes have been made!

Cheers mate.
Jorolo

Postby rikardw » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:20 pm

Itzu wrote:EDIT: Also, I really hate the favoritism. I won't name names, but you have been very nice to me, very helpful to me, and you seem very good at your job. But just because you know someone personally in real life, does not make you able to know everything about them. They may or may not stoop to the level of cheating. And you may not perceive it as "cheating" because it's not directly in the rules. And I know, I'm being a hypocrite. But what I say is the truth.

Abusing the market is against the rules. For instance if you create multis, then add resources to the market from your main account and then buying it from you multiaccount. This is monitored. And cheaters will get caught.

Just to be clear. No abuse have been detected on the market on Rage to transfer large amounts of money.
And we do not favor players.

We look at market abuse as well as transfer abuse.

You actually used multis on Rage, transfered about 6000 res, and then lied about it.
rikardw

Return to Game Suggestions